Solar Car Challenge Event Update 2022-5
Good Afternoon Solar Teams,
Attached is Event Update No. 5 which provides information on the following:
(1) Team Check-In
(2) Items Provided by Teams at Team Check-In
(3) Items Provided by the Solar Car Challenge
(4) Use of the Solar Car Challenge Logo
(5) Team Attire
I am also attaching the following required documents:
(1) Release of Liability Form for the Solar Car Challenge (Due at Team Check-In)
(2) Release of Liability Forms for the Texas Motor Speedway (Due at Team Check-In)
(3) Photo/Video Guidelines (Due at Team Check-In)
The Where-to-Be-What-to-Do Document will be published June 1st.
Dr. Lehman Marks
Solar Car Challenge Foundation
(1) Team Check-In is scheduled for Wednesday, July 13th at the DFW Marriott & Golf Club, 3300
Championship Parkway, Fort Worth, Texas. Teams will be assigned a specific time to register during the check-in period. Only the Team Captain and Team Adviser will be allowed into the Registration Room.
(2) Teams may buy tickets to the Awards Banquet at Team Check-In. Note: Tickets for the Awards Banquet purchased by mail before June 15th will cost $26/person; tickets purchased between June 16th through July 13th will cost $40/person; tickets purchased after July 13th will cost $100 per person. This yearís Awards Banquet will be held at the DFW Marriot & Golf Club. Teams will be able to purchase up to 14 tickets per vehicle registered in the event.
Items provided by teams at Team Check-In:
(a) Solar Car Challenge Release of liability form signed by student families
(b) Signed Texas Motor Speedway Release of liability form
(c) Signed Solar Car Challenge Photography / Filming form
(d) Provide a Photo copy of Student Driverís Licenses. Learnerís permits will not be accepted.
(e) Provide Information about your solar car radio frequency or channel
NOTE: Teams should plan to bring a complete copy of all documents, technical drawings, and schematics to Scrutineering.
Items provided by the Solar Car Challenge
(1) Official Race Booklets 
(2) Official Race Tee Shirts 
(3) Baking Soda in case of lead/acid battery spills
(4) Emergency Medical Staff / COVID Protocol Staff / Security Staff
(5) Water in the Garage Areas
Use of Solar Car Challenge Logo
The Solar Car Challenge logo is the federally registered trademark of the Solar Car Challenge Foundation. It cannot be used by teams for items of attire, banners, or printed materials without the prior written approval of the Solar Car Challenge President.
Attire during the Solar Car Challenge
The Solar Car Challenge is based on the philosophy of "cooperation rather than competition." Our event focuses on bringing teams together through the camaraderie of the solar car experience. In keeping with this philosophy, we ask that team attire, banners, and printed materials focus on their solar car team logo, "school pride," or school. No attire, banners, or printed materials will be allowed that seek to promote any political candidate or philosophy. Failure to follow this guideline will result in the removal of the offending items and/or disqualification from the event.
Rule 6.11 - Attire for all participants (including students, advisers, sponsors, chaperones, and others participating or traveling with team) in the Solar Car Challenge must be appropriate. All participants must wear full-brimmed hats, face masks, and closed-toe shoes throughout the event. Jeans are recommended for protection when working on the car and when kneeling on the ground. Shorts must be longer than the longest fingertip.
Guidelines for Photographing - Filming.docx
Solar Car Challenge Release of Liability - 2022.doc
TMS Adult Waiver.pdf
TMS Minor Waiver.pdf