Event Update No. 2021-3: Deadlines
April 30th Deadline
The "usual" deadline for registering for the Solar Car Challenge has always been March 1st of the race year. We delayed this deadline in 2021 because many teams were uncertain about their participation based on limitations imposed by COVID protocols.
Having said this, we must have an official cutoff date so we can make the necessary plans for this summerís event. This Event Update is designed to help you better understand the importance of the April 30th deadline.
Requirements for 2021 Racing
- Teams must file their Official 2021 Registration so that it reaches our office no later than Friday, April 30th. Any registration arriving after April 30th will be disqualified.
- The Official 2021 Registration document must include:
- 2021 Registration Form [copy attached]
List of team names must be typed, not handwritten.
- Copy of your Mechanical Drawings showing dimensions and crush zones
- Racing Fee check for $300 made out to the Solar Car Challenge Foundation
- Check for Awards Banquet Tickets at $25/person.
Tickets can only be purchased for Team Members and Registered Adviser(s)
Reminder about Other Requirements
- Teams must submit their Official 8-minute Oral Presentation Video no later than June 1st. This must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send reminders about this requirement as we get closer to the race.
- Teams must submit liability insurance for their solar car no later than July 1st. We are again working with the Frederikson Insurance Agency in Dallas to help provide you solar car liability insurance. More information will be available in the weeks ahead.
- Submission of Pre-Screening Questionnaires no later than July 8th to
email@example.com [Questionnaire attached]
2021 Registration Document
COVID-19 Pre-Screening Questionnaire