Event Update No. 2020-2: Registration - Confirmation of Guidelines - Logo - Attire
Our goal is to help you be a success at this year's Race at the world famous Texas Motor Speedway. Forty-six teams filed an Intent-to-Race Form for this year's event. This will be a hugely exciting event!
Please follow these guidelines:
- Teams must enclose their non-refundable registration fee with their registration documents. Teams failing to include their registration fee with their registration documents will be dropped from consideration. [Rule 8.3]
- Registration documents must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2020.
- Teams submitting incomplete registration documents will be put "on hold" and will have 15 days to supply the needed information or be dropped from consideration. [Rule 3.6]
- All persons from your team taking part in the Solar Car Challenge must be present at Team Check-In on Thursday, July 16, 2020. This includes students, teachers, advisors, and chaperones. Check-In Times will be assigned in July.
- Teams must be ready to enter Scrutineering at 8:00 AM on Friday, July 17th. Teams not ready at the beginning of Scrutineering will be dropped from the competition.
- We strongly encourage teams to put at least 250 "test-driving" miles on their solar car before arriving at the competition.
Team Advisers must confirm that you are aware of these crucial deadlines.
Please fill out this brief Confirmation Form which can be found at
Use of Solar Car Challenge Logo
The Solar Car Challenge logo is the federally registered trademark of the Solar Car Challenge Foundation. It cannot be used by teams for items of attire, banners, or printed materials without the prior written approval of the Solar Car Challenge President.
Attire during the Solar Car Challenge
The Solar Car Challenge is based on the philosophy of "cooperation rather than competition." Our event focuses on bringing teams together through the camaraderie of the solar car experience.
In keeping with this philosophy, we ask that team attire, banners, and printed materials focus on their solar car team logo, "school pride," or their community. No attire, banners, or printed materials will be allowed that seek to promote any political candidate or philosophy. Failure to follow this guideline will result in the removal of the offending items and the disqualification of the team from the event.