Event Update 10: Team Oral Presentation Guidelines
Presentation Day: Monday, July 17th
Location: Texas Motor Speedway Media Center Auditorium
- Teams will "draw a number" at Team Check-In. This number will make the following determinations for teams:
- The number determines the Official Starting Order on the 1st Day of Racing
- The number determines the teamís Garage Bay location
- Solar Cars will be located in the CUP Garage;
- Electric Solar-Powered Vehicles will be located in the Second Garage.
- The number determines the teamís Pit Row location
- The number determines the teamís time to make your oral presentation
- The Oral Presentation will be made in the TMS Media Center Auditorium. Teams should arrive at the front door of the Auditorium 5-10 minutes before their presentation.
Teams arriving late will not get their time extended. Teachers, Advisors, and Parents will NOT be allowed to enter the auditorium to hear the presentation.
- Teams planning to use audio-visual equipment in their presentation must bring their own equipment, and be capable of setting up that equipment in 2 minutes. Laptop computers should be "booted-up" before entering the auditorium. Teams will not have WiFi access. Any presentation should be installed on the laptop. The Race will provide a table for your equipment, and a projection screen.
- Teams will submit their hardcopy scrap book to the judges on entering the auditorium.
- Teams will have up to 8 minutes to make an oral presentation about their solar car project. Presentations, discussion, and questions will be precisely stopped at 8 minutes.
- Grading Criteria:
- Did the presentation give a full statement about the teamís project?
- Did all team members participate?
Teams are required to leave one team member with their solar car to provide security during the Oral Presentation period.
- Was the presentation well prepared and rehearsed?
- Was the team able to speak without the use of notes?
- Did the team use visual aids?
- Did the teamís scrap book adequately showcase the teamís progress with the design and development of their 2017 vehicle?
- Oral Presentation Judges may ask questions, but will not provide feedback to the team. The Judges Panel will be composed of Solar Car Challenge Staff and the Texas A&M University Engineering Department.
- Teams will be awarded "forever" laps ranging from 0 to 4 laps. These results will be posted on the Media Center Auditorium door by 9:00 AM on Wednesday, July 19th.