EVENT UPDATE NO. 2019-4 Team Check-In; Team Expenses; Team Attire and Solar Car Challenge Logo
Team Check-In Expenses
(1) Team Check-In is scheduled for Thursday, July 11th at the DFW Marriott & Golf Club. Teams will be assigned a specific time to register during the 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM check-in period.
All persons traveling with the team (students, teachers, chaperons, drivers) must be present for Team Check-In, and must attend the All Team Meetings scheduled between 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Thursday, July 11, 2019.
(2) Registration for the Solar Car Challenge is predicated on 12 students and 2 teacher/chaperones. Teams bringing more than 14 people will have to pay an additional fee of $150/extra person at Team Check-In.
(3) Teams may buy tickets to the Awards Banquet at Team Check-In. Note: Tickets for the Awards Banquet purchased before June 1st will cost $25/person; tickets purchased between June 2nd through July 11 th will cost $35/person; tickets purchased after July 11 will cost $50 per person. This yearís banquets will be held at the Speedway Club at the Texas Motor Speedway.
Items provided by teams at Team Check-In:
(a) Solar Car Challenge Release of liability form signed by families of students
(b) Texas Motor Speedway Release of liability form
(c) Solar Car Liability Insurance Certificate
(d) Student Driverís Licenses
(e) Payment for additional Team Members or Chaperones [see above]
(f) Information about your solar car radio frequency or channel
(g) Note 1: The hardcopy of Team Scrapbooks will be turned in at Team Oral Presentations scheduled for Saturday, July 13, 2019. The digital copy of the Team Scrapbook must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st.
(h) Note 2: Team should plan to bring a complete copy of all documents, technical drawings,
and schematics to Scrutineering.
Items provided by the Solar Car Challenge
(1) The Solar Car Challenge will provide one hot meal per day beginning at the Opening
Banquet, Saturday, July 13th, through Wednesday, July 17th.
(2) Official Race Booklets 
(3) Official Race Tee Shirts 
(4) Welding blanket for use on Texas Motor Speedway Garage floor
(5) Baking Soda in case of lead/acid battery spills
(6) Emergency Medical Staff
(7) Security Services
(8) Water in the Garage Areas
Use of Solar Car Challenge Logo
The Solar Car Challenge logo is the federally registered trademark of the Solar Car Challenge Foundation. It cannot be used by teams for items of attire, banners, or printed materials without the prior written approval of the Solar Car Challenge President.
Attire during the Solar Car Challenge
The Solar Car Challenge is based on the philosophy of "cooperation rather than competition." Our event focuses on bringing teams together through the camaraderie of the solar car experience.
In keeping with this philosophy, we ask that team attire, banners, and printed materials focus on their solar car team logo, "school pride," or other sports. No attire, banners, or printed materials will be allowed that seek to promote any political candidate or philosophy. Failure to follow this guideline will result in the removal of the offending items and/or disqualification from the event.