Event Update No. 3: Spring Planning
Good Afternoon Solar Car Teams,
(1) We have expanded our Facebook presence with a new Solar Car Challenge Community Page. This is designed to give teams and individuals an avenue to ask specific questions about the high school solar car project. Race staff or other teams can respond to your inquiries. [https://www.facebook.com/HighSchoolSolar]
The main Facebook Page will continue to share the splendid activities of high school solar car teams and the 2017 Solar Car Challenge. Let me encourage everyone to follow us at https://www.facebook.com/Solar-Car-Challenge-195128463916946/
(2) Rule 6.2 requires high school solar car teams taking part in the 2017 Solar Car Challenge to take part in any official pre-race events. This Event Update seeks to clarify this requirement. The next required event is the official Team Check-In scheduled for Saturday, July 15, 2017.
(3) Earth Day Texas is no longer the title sponsor of the Solar Car Challenge. This means that teams are not required to take part in this event. The Solar Car Challenge Foundation will have a booth at EDT, but we will not have an official high school solar car display.
(4) Please start making your plans to file your Official Registration Packet on or before March 1, 2017. Rule 3.6 sets out the specific requirements for the official registration packet. All registrations, diagrams, schematics, data sheets, digital team photo, and registration fee are due March 1st. Late filings of your packet or registration fee will result in a $250 penalty.
Registrations must be submitted both in hard copy and digital formats.
Digital registration must be in word or pdf formats.
(5) Please remember that teams must have proof of liability insurance on their solar car, and that all drivers must have official driver's licenses. We will provide more liability insurance information in a later update.
Dr. Lehman Marks
Solar Car Challenge Foundation
3505 Cassidy Drive, Plano, TX 75023